COVID and Pets
It's been a while since our last post, however based on the hurricane of events happening in the last few months , we believe it is important to communicate to all of our clients and friends about how COVID affects our loved pets who also share this obligatory confinement.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no evidence that confirms that animals play a significant role spreading the virus, based on the information available today the risk of animals spreading is very low.
Some quick tips for pet owners:
- Keep cats indoors when possible
- Always walk your dog with a leash
- Try to avoid crowded places
- Please do not put masks on dogs or cats , this could harm your pet
- Do not use cleaning chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, etc.
- Always use products approved for Animal Use
Remember that according to the World Organisation for Animal Health, there have not been any reports of pets spreading COVID-19 to people, however we have to be careful and mostly use our common sense to prevent the spread for the virus.